Wednesday 23 January 2013

Unit 61 - Print Making (Ongoing)


Throughout this unit I explored various print making processes and techniques.


This double journal page, includes my experiments with monoprinting and ghost printing from monoprints. These prints are responses to Ernst Haeckel's drawings.


This journal page presents my exploration of leaf prints, further developing my understanding of the print making processes. In these experiments I collected an array of leaves and printed them using the printing press.


This is one of the final leaf prints, showcasing my understanding of this technique. Combining silhouette, ghost and directly printing from the leaves together; creating this final outcome.


This journal page demonstrates my exploration in polystyrene block prints, where I engraved into a polystyrene block by drawing with a pen and pencil. These experiments were based off of my own primary source photography.


The above work piece shows the development from the original exposure to the final prints. Beginning the series is the primary source photograph. The second is my alterations in photoshop, with the third being the print block and the fourth and fifth being the two final prints.






Another process that I looked into was lino printing, learning about the process of a reduction print. Within these experiments I used four layers.



This is one of my final pieces showcasing the print at different stages of layering.

No comments:

Post a Comment